Monday, February 7, 2011

I Can Do Bad All By Myself

If you know me,I am the girl who is imfamous for calling things "boy jobs." it's been a running joke, and to be completely honest I have never had a problem asking for help. Which is most likely all part of my codependent nature. On the other hand, not asking for help in other circumstances is also codependent. But for the purposes of this post, let's go with the first.
Over the past few weeks I have made it a point to do things that I would usually call someone to give me a hand with and do it by myself. The Lord has been teaching me that, though doing life with others is essential to this life, there are certain things that I don't NEED someone else for. For example here are a few things, while minor, seem like giant leaps to me that I have done all by myself...
1. Killed a bug & disposed of it
2. Changed a lightbulb in a high & awkward spot of my closet
3. Gotten gas in the dark (not my smartest move but you get the point). (there were pleanty of people around & it was well lit, Mom)
4. Hung pictures
5. Carried my luggage up & down the stairs

Call me silly.. Call me weak. I don't care. I've come a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment