Tuesday, December 21, 2010

5...Almost 6!!

Okay, so I'm still getting the hang of this blogging thing. I can't promise that I will be very good at keeping it up, but I will try. I don't want to bore you with things that aren't necessarily blog worthy. To be honest that's why there has only been one post so far. The first part of my Christmas break was pretty boring to say the least. As soon as I finished my last final I went over to Audrey's house and borrowed all four Twilight books. I know... I know... Twilight. No, I don't want to be a vampire or a werewolf... and Stephanie Myers is no Shakespeare, but I will admit that it is good. Give it a chance. I may or may not have read the first three within a week... It's that good.

The purpose of this blog post was not to tell you that I've been reading Twilight. It is to say that my big sister, Sara, is ENGAGED! Here's how it all went down:

We had a fam trip to Nashville all set up. We were all pretty excited to spend some much needed time together. Being the house of three emotional girls that we are, we were having some kind of argument on the way up there. My mom was frustrated and turned around told us to get along, and said something to the effect of "This could be our last family trip with just the 5 of us." She was the only one who knew exactly how true those words were (she was in on the whole engagement thing). It took us about 6 hours from our front door step until we were checked into the hotel. (Nashville is only 3 hours away from our house FYI). So, we missed our chance to see the Grand Ole Opry. We did end up  getting the opportunity to see the Rockettes on Saturday.
The next morning we woke up early and went to go see Ice and Snow.

While standing in line for those beautiful coats Dad leaned down and he told me the plan for the engagement. We kept Jill in the dark about the whole thing, because even she admitted that there is no way that the secret would be kept if she knew. I was to help distract Sara while Drew and his family were getting set into place. Later that afternoon, I did my job and kept her from seeing him. While walking toward him she and I were talking... ok Sara was talking. I was too preoccupied with figuring out where he was exactly! Then, all of a sudden she stopped mid-sentence and said, "That girl looks like Melissa." (Drew's sister).... and the rest was history......

We are so honored to have Drew as a part of our family! I could not think of anyone more perfect for my Sissy. He loves the Lord. He is laid back. He's funny. Thanks Drew for putting up with the craziness that is the Sanderson family! We love you!! I can't wait until you're my brother-in-law!

1 comment: